Materials for Trolley Case
- By:Estonian B2b
Trolley cases, also known as rolling suitcases or luggage with wheels, are commonly made from various materials to ensure durability, lightweight design, and functionality. The choice of materials often depends on the manufacturer's preferences, target market, and the level of durability and style desired. Some of the commonly used materials for trolley cases include:
1. **Polycarbonate:** Polycarbonate is a durable and lightweight thermoplastic material known for its impact resistance. Trolley cases made from polycarbonate are strong and can withstand rough handling during travel. They are often popular choices for hardshell luggage.
2. **ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene):** ABS is another thermoplastic material known for its strength and impact resistance. ABS trolley cases offer a good balance between durability and cost-effectiveness, making them a popular choice for affordable hardshell luggage.
3. **Polypropylene:** Polypropylene is a flexible, lightweight, and tough thermoplastic material. Trolley cases made from polypropylene are rugged and can endure various environmental conditions. They are commonly used for hardshell luggage.
4. **Nylon or Polyester Fabric:** Soft-sided trolley cases are often made from nylon or polyester fabric. These materials are lightweight, water-resistant, and offer some flexibility, allowing the luggage to fit in tight spaces.
5. **Canvas:** Canvas is a durable and tough fabric that is sometimes used for high-quality soft-sided trolley cases. It provides a classic and stylish look while offering sufficient durability.
6. **Aluminum:** Some premium trolley cases feature an aluminum shell, which offers excellent durability, a luxurious appearance, and enhanced protection for delicate items.
7. **Leather:** Leather is occasionally used for high-end trolley cases, providing a luxurious and sophisticated look. However, leather cases are less common due to their higher cost and maintenance requirements.
8. **EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) Foam:** EVA foam is used as padding or lining in the interior of trolley cases. It helps protect items inside from impact and provides a cushioned compartment for delicate belongings.
Manufacturers may use a combination of materials to create trolley cases with specific features and performance characteristics. When selecting a trolley case, consider factors such as weight, durability, style, and price to find the one that best suits your travel needs and preferences.